eTA - Electronic Travel Authorization for Travel to Canada

This is an important message from the Embassy of Canada in Italy regarding travel to Canada for dual Canadian/Italian citizens as well as Italians wishing to travel to Canada.

Italian Travelers to Canada Require Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) and Canadian Citizens now must travel to Canada Using Canadian Passports:

Italian nationals who fly to or transit through Canada now need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) prior to boarding their flights. Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travelers with a valid visa. Do not wait until the last minute – apply now for an eTA online at . Please also note that:

•    Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, do not need and cannot apply for an eTA.  They must travel to Canada by air on a valid Canadian passport. 
•    Permanent residents of Canada are also not eligible to apply for an eTA, and, as usual, must show their permanent resident card or a permanent resident travel document when travelling to Canada.


Visit the website for more information on eTA.
Video on how to apply for an eTA in English:
Video on how to apply for an eTA in French:
Video on how to apply for an eTA in Italian: